The Best of January
Trying to look tough. I want to be taken seriously, you guys.
A month ago, many of us stared down the end of our champagne flutes—the string of our 2013 hat digging deeply into our double-chin—and we slurred some new promise to improve ourselves.
I’ve learned a lot this 1st month writing and reading others.
- No matter where people are in the journey, a bad weigh-in always sucks.
- People protect their diets like they do their religious or political affiliation—the diet becomes more than a diet–it becomes a badge.
- Writers who have had incredible transformations often do a poor job including us new people in how they got there. He’s an exception.
- Chia seeds are this year’s acai berry.
- There is something about Friday that makes me want to consume a billion calories.
A Month in Review | January
- The Biggest Loser is a Scam
- 99 Problems for Fat People
- 8 Weight Loss Mistakes I’ve Made
- 7 Steps to Hacking Your Goal Weight
- How to Lose 20 lbs in One Month
- Is Calorie Budgeting Right for Everyone?
I’m assuming the answer was “no”
- Weigh-in| Week 1
Something new I tried…
- Guest post @ Skinny Emmie | Hidden Health Lessons from Bridesmaids
Coming in February
- a thiiirdly manifesto
- the horror of morbid obesity
- a defense of beer
- a critique of carb-hating
- more speedo pics
- more fat melting off my body