Weigh-in | Week 5
Who else is pumped for Groundhog’s Eve? Nobody.
Starting weight| 352 lbs
Current weight| 323.6 lbs
Week 5 change| -3.0 lbs
Total loss| 28.4 lbs
Glad to see a return to good loss after last week’s average outing—but I’m very happy with a 3 lb melt. Not only that—but in Week 3 I mentioned wanting to fit into a lumberjack number I had bought at the finest clothier in the area. Boom:
- Evacuate before a weigh-in. Today it made the difference of .5 lb. Yikes. This TMI brought to you by fiber.
- As suggested by some folks last week, I upped my calories slightly. Including a 4-piece pizza grub on Wednesday night that inspire this tweet.
- I enjoyed my Saturday night beer. Though I kept it mostly just to Saturday.
- But I also upped some intensity at the gym, including hour long workouts Saturday + Sunday, doubles on Wednesday + Thursday
- Slept in this morning though, after a tough sweat in my first SPIN class. That class is easy to underestimate.
When I was on some of those diets, I would easily drop 5 lbs a week. When I gave up, I would gain it back as easily as I lost it. It wasn’t sustainable.
I’m working a lot harder to lose 2-3 lbs a week— but hard to lose, hard to regain.
The concept is simple. The work is hard.
I still get to eat what I want—but I’m starting to notice those cravings are changing.