Super Bowl Bloat
While the Brothers Harbaugh took sibling rivalry to the next level, I was busy letting myself go on a calorie-soaked feast.
I know that we were supposed to stick to our carrots + hummus, hinting to the gluttons around us that we won’t use an artificial holiday as an excuse to go crazy—hoping that they might ask us about our diet, or offer a forced compliment.
Not me. I went all out.
And I also had a couple beers + a coke for an additional 523 calories for a total 2387 calories.
I was shocked too when I made the total. Stuffed. Bloated.
But there’s more
- I also did 1 hr 20 min of cardio + strength training yesterday for a 1300 calorie burn. Did I undo the work I did at the gym? Maybe. In a sense, yes. But in another sense, I knew I knew I wasn’t going to be eating bulgur wheat when I watched the game.
- I’ll be drinking a keg of water today to flush my bod.
- Logging the calories made me aware of why I only eat food like this and in these amounts on rare occasions. It used to not be so rare. Rare. Medium-rare. Steak. MMMm
- If I pay for Sunday with my weigh-in numbers on Friday, so be it. I’m not in this for the week to week. (I hope I’m honest in saying that)
- I was still up @ 5 am for the morning sweat + high protein breakfast. Letting myself go during the came ended when the confetti fell like my drawers when I step on the scale on Fridays.
In a year, I might change so much that next Superbowl I’ll be drinking beet shakes and shoveling bean sprouts into my mouth.
I’m not going to dwell on yesterday. I’m going to refill my water bottle.