Weigh-in | Week 6
Smell that? Fat fry.
Starting weight| 352 lbs
Current weight| 319.8 lbs
Week 6 change| -3.8 lbs
Total loss| 32.2 lbs
This week’s weigh-in marks a trifecta of milestones:
- 30+ lbs dropped in under 2 months.
- I officially have less than 100 lbs to lose to meet my goal. I like the way that reads.
- Not only do I have to wear belts, they’re all on the first notch.
- I’ve upped my veggie intake. I used to be salads exclusively—but I’ve been on broccoli like ….cheese on broccoli? Except without the cheese.
- I’ve worked out less this week—basically one less workout than the past two weeks. Interesting.
- Stealing a tip from Rae Rae J, I stopped drinking water at 7:30 pm last night to 1) not wake up in the night to pee so not to interrupt precious, calorie-burning sleep and 2) so that excess water isn’t showing up on the scale. But I easily had 100 oz of water yesterday.
- I keep workouts to 30 min during the week—but have been bumping them up to an hour on the weekends. Trying new things.
- Moving from machine weights to free weights is like moving from treadmill to outdoor running.
I was really wanting to drop below 320 this week but was not expecting it because of Sunday and Monday overgrub. So far I’m finding that there is a lot of mercy in my plan—it’s generous enough to allow for weekend fun without compromising results, at least to this point.
Sometimes when I hear people talk about eating “on plan”, it sounds like a chore. I’m going to drink beers this weekend. They aren’t off plan. They’re on plan.
Problem with diets: If you won’t keep doing it once you’ve reached your goal, don’t do it to reach your goal.
Right now beer and wings sound about right. Feels good to enjoy the hard work—better than sitting on the couch feeling like this.